Sunday, January 23, 2011

Better late than never....

Well broadband issues have finally been sorted so, a little late, I'm finally getting started on my blog for 2011! My plan was to review new products each week and let you know my thoughts on them as theres nothing worse than expensive makeup and beauty purchases that end up hidden at the back of the bathroom cabinet or are downgraded to foot cream (like a recent face cream purchase that brought me out in spots!)

As its the last week of January I figured I would be budget savvy and hit Boots rather than Brown Thomas and see what I could find. First point is that budget friendly makeup is not that budget at all - several of the foundations I picked up were between €15 and €20! In the end I settled on the new Max Factor Xperience Weightless foundation (€14.99 but there was €3 off). I'm a huge fan of natural, dewy skin and I have often found cheaper foundations to be a bit on the cakey side so interested to see how this one pans out. I'll be using this over the next week and will update on how it performed.



Next up was Organix Self Heating Coconut Oil hair treatment, €9.00 - I'm trying to grow my hair (Carey Mulligan and her pixie hair cut are to blame!) so always looking for a product that will strenghten and nourish my hair (which has seen more than its fair share of colours and even a perm or two - giving away my age!) so looking forward to seeing what this has to offer.





Finally - the nice people at Boots gave me a voucher for no 7. Have to say straight off I am always massively disappointed with these vouchers - not a big fan at all of no 7 but in the budgety frame of mind I figured it would be a shame to waste it so the only thing I could think that I needed was an exfoliater. So I bought the Radiane Revealed Exfoliator which claims to have natural fruit acids and which came in at less than €3 after the voucher.

Reviews this time next week along with the selection of next weeks products!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment